hey like hi people, this is some stuff about me, like read it, sorry its kinda short, but its like to the point and stuff. it like tells you my name and stuff.... copyright © 2006 by sam

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

ask yourself

You just need to ask yourself;
  • Why do people go and log into Hi5 and waste hours of time?
  • Why do people waste time updating photos and "modding" their templates (all of which look like some n00b crap art), and trying to make friends in a virtual world?
  • Why do people take photos of themselves, for the purpose of showing themselves?
  • Why do people try to look good in photos when its the real thing that counts?
  • Why do people want to show off?
  • Why do they want to put music on their profile?
  • Why do I get friends requests from people that I don't even know?
  • Are virtual friends more important that real ones?
  • Why does Hi5 have a "ranking" system where you are better off and higher up when you have more friends and comments?
  • Why are family people on a dating website?
and finally:
  • how much time do they spend on their virtual world?

If we were to spend the time and energy that we are dedicating to this website daily on something else, we would accomplish more, feel freer, wouldn't be stuck up, and think less about ourselves.
Think about what you are thinking when you look at your profile. What thoughts enter your mind when you see a new friends request or comment.
After thinking and writing my thoughts about this, I believe that I shall take down my profile, or better yet, not use it at all. I feel that it is unnecessary for me to continue with this child behavior.
People like themselves and that is not a bad thing. It is important for existence to love oneself.
Therefore, I shall leave with these words of wisdom.

A great man needs not to prove himself, a man who's is not great will get nowhere trying to prove that he is.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I asked myself.
but all I could really think was

baby sweat baby sweat, sex is a texas drought, me and you do the kind of stuff that only Prince would sing about, so put your hands down my pants and I bet you'll feel nuts..

do it now... you and me baby we ain't nothing but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel.

ah, the bloodhound gang is teh shiznit.

17/1/07 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you a high five for posting that post about high5.

Honestly, it's a waste of time...

18/1/07 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Leonardo da Vinci against hi5? Heh. I agree with you that it is a waste of time if used to the extreme--and there are many who waste what accumulates probably to days and months on it. However, I do not think there is anythng wrong with looking at friends photos and using it as a public sort of email box.

19/1/07 10:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I got an email once. It was trying to motivate me to "pimp out my profile" on hi5.

Its not an official dating site. I found people that ive lost contact with. For some reason family people gravitate to it.
I've also found perverts who believe i should come into contact with them. I do agree that its a waste of time.

26/2/07 3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree its a waste of time as well, i stopped using my account a while ago

7/7/07 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home